I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Santa Baby....

Six days after the end of 2008, here I am wishing I made that Christmas list I thought about sometime around November of last year. Well, too late now!
I was not wishing for anything material, really! And usually I tend to ask for "stuff" but last year was tough, very tough. For just about everybody lost someone, work, savings, 401K, and value of property, homes and even worst all of the above.
I cannot begin to imagine making a list of "stuff". Last Christmas, I gave out presents without expecting anything in return, not even "thank you" from anyone. I got some "thanks and gracias" but as a whole I stopped thinking about wanting to hear how grateful they are to what I gave them.
I was just happy to give, to let them know I thought about them and gift-giving is not thank-you-expecting. At least to me, that is the case.
It made me feel good that I gave gifts, even very small ones. I loved the idea that they did not expect it and that they are dumb-founded to the surprise that they really do not know what to say. Really!
So last year, I will fess up I thought about Santa Baby (think Eartha Kitt here, please) and it brought a smile to my face because, with me and my red Santa cap, I sure did feel like one. :-)
And that was a very good feeling.
No need for that list after all, now that I think about it.

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue