I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dinagyang 2009

In a couple of days Iloilo City will be celebrating their own version of Kalibo Aklan's version of Ati-Atihan, in Iloilo we call it Dinagyang (loosing translated as romping around "dagyang").
I reminisce of times long gone when the streets were not soooo crowded and the festivities were enjoyed mostly by Ilonggos and people from the outskirts of the city, and yet you see foreign looking faces from all over the world. Iloilo's celebration always gets the passing through, had not really had enough of the partying from Kalibo people that come to Iloilo for MORE partying. I always loved it as I was growing up.
well, I am thousands of miles away from there now and I hope a little girl is watching this festivities and have great memories of the revelry and the dances and the drum beats and the food - and the fun that comes with it.
The parade now has changed routes a couple of times and of course you change one aspect of something it is NEVER the same again, ever!
The foreigners used to come and dance hard, but they party harder. I hope they are tamer this time around (yah right!) and that they respect the festivities like never before. Ati-Atihan in Kalibo is really something to watch ( if you can being amongst millions of people and all).
Years long gone, I am glad I had gone to them years ago. Mostly...have been there and done that...NEXT....
Wishing everyone a happy DINAGYANG 2009. Stay safe!

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue