I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Well, well, well, look who's back!

Hi. It has been ages, eons even since I last posted anything worth a chuckle here but it has been loads of work, farm work for this diva-ish soul.
I am back stateside looking for an engine part for a farm tractor. By the looks of things, I am really getting the hang of this farming thing. I love the land I am working, the mountains and morning dew is heavenly. The people are wonderful. The fruits of the trees that surround this farm is plentiful and delicious. Fruits are bountiful. The laughter of children anytime of day is priceless. I get a marvelous on top of all these listed perks. You gotta love a woman with a glorious, sun-kissed tan.
Farming deals with nature and in that part of the world it has not rained in 7 months. Occassional drizzles here and there but nothing to really soak an arid land. The rice paddies are so dry that we are looking at an early onset of hunger season and late milling season with extended periods of low supply of rice. we brace ourselves also for the high possibility of flooding, people tell of horrendous floods after a long period of drought/el nino.
I have learned to really feel humbled by nature and Her power to dictate what happens and what does not happen next.
There is no telling what will happen one day in advance in farming, we all look up the sky and wonder when the much awaited rain will be given to us farmers.
I have also learned to see people for what they really are and for who they really are not. You will be surprised how some people are so nice to you on your face and as soon as you turn your back they double cross you. I have come across plenty of those and I am pleased to say I have held my own during those times.
Oh farming, I have learned to love the aches and the uncertainty of it all but most of all I get to do these with people that I care so much about. Nature always wins and I can deal with that.
For the next few weeks I post something here for kicks. Then I disappear again... Thanks for your waiting for me.
Shopping is great here in Southern California. This farmer loves to shop...see you another day? thanks!

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue