I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Jorge Francisco Isidoro Luis Borges Acevedo

Also known as Jorge Luis Borges. He is my R's all-time favorite literary persona.

My favorite quote by Jorge Luis Borges goes something like this...."To fall in love is to create a religion with a fallible God."

I am certain he originally stated this quote in spanish but I love the essence of it. Timeless and true!

Today, we commemorate Jorge Luis Borges'  26th death annivesary. His fiction writings strongly live on.

R is a person who loves to read and enjoy the works of great literary minds most especially that of Borges'. And I love that about R. He is wonderful because he is who he is by the books and art that influenced him when he was growing up.  To this day, R still surrounds himself  with the works of Jorge Luis Borges; the life, the person, the short stories and essays together with Borges' work that explored dreams and unreality. His body of work gives him immortality through the likes of my R.

Thank you, Senor Borges for being a great influence to my R.






No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue