I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Lessons from a doting father

In honor of Father's Day, let me share with you some lessons I have learned from my father. These are his words...

. SHOES - only invest in very good quality shoes. Or in your case, get the shoes that make you happy.

. PARENTHOOD - there is no "sitting on the fence" on this one. Love your son like I love as my daughter. You can never go wrong with that .

 DATING - have him keep his pants up and remember to keep your dress down.

. FARMING - there is honor and pride to be had in toiling the soil.

. SEX - those who talk too much about it don't get any, and those who do, don't talk much about it.

. KISSING - it can be sweeter than the final "surrender".

. CARS - check your car tires, make sure you have gasoline and never apply make-up while driving.

. CLEANLINESS -  not just hygiene but in thoughts and actions.

. CREDIT CARDS - only spend money that you have.

. FRIENDS - keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer.

. FAITH - pray the hardest when you do not need or want anything.

. FATE - it's all in your hands since you cannot do anything about destiny.

. DEATH - do not lament the day that I leave you. My body may not be here but you know where I will always be, in your heart.

. LIFE - can be as colorful as you want it to be.

. DREAMS - it is what keeps us awake even if we are asleep at night.

. TIME - never think of what could have been; do and be.

. ATTITUDE - Behave as if you care what people think, even if you don't.

. LOVE - Do it your way! I only want you to be happy.

. BROTHERS - you did not choose them but you can make the most of who you got.

. IN-LAWS - Love them because your brothers love them. They are family.

. GENEROSITY - the reward is in the giving itself. Do not expect anything in return when you give a part of yourself away.

. GRATITUDE - be thankful for everything that you get in life. Blessings and gifts are the good ones; but be most thankful for the trials in life because those are given to you because you can surpass them. It builds character.

There are so much more that I have learned from my Tatay and everyday for us is Father's Day. He is the best!!



No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue