I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lemons...

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!" 

Ever wonder what to do when you get a bunch of lemons that you would not know what to do with them. It seems such a waste to just toss them in the trash. Right? Well, read on...

Sometimes when I overthink things it is bound to make my day, well, sour!

I have recently came to think that if life and certain days feel like lemons, I should make a "killer lemon" cake, pucker up and sour as it may be, I should say "amazing!"

And lemon cakes usually taste a whole lot better when enjoyed with a nice cup of java and amongst friends. Good company with good stories, make the sourness go away. Funny, how most of my bad days I always relate with food. I think of something that will hold back my bad feeling and usually food can do that..comfort, I presume.

This picture is an old photo taken awhile back and I came across it yesterday. It is a cake split in half, then the center is filled with lemon custard and topped with light whip. It was good, but being lemon in flavor was still sour..what did you expect?! Sweet? Duh!

Again, when life gives you lemon, make a killer lemon cake, pucker up and say - AMAZING.

Have a great weekend everyone.




No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue