I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

That that is, is. That is not, is not. Is that it? It is.

Ambiguity and the importance of correct placement of punctuation.

As always, I go to my blog when I need to get something off my chest. I have been good at being ambigious when I post here. I try to be specific when I can without compromising my privacy or divulging too much of who and where I am.

Today, is no exception. I am having one of those "it started just right and turned into a WTF day!".

I am not sure what is being said to me indirectly but somehow I did not feel right about a comment or to be specific a comparison made to me. Have you heard of a left-handed compliment? I got one of those! Not nice.

Of course, I am offended. There I said it. And honestly, after being so good, there is just no doing right on this one. Damn if you do, damned if you don't, kinda thing.

It can get pretty exhausting like I said. And exhaustion nears me. Maybe I am over extending my welcome and there is something that is being said to me that I do not quite get? Or hear? Let me ponder on that for a second or two.

It ruins my Saturday. Simply put. I try, I really try. But again, there is just no doing right on my part. Maybe I am too sensitive. Or, I read too much to anything said to me. Remember, I am still in the "I am not quite there yet" stage. And WHAM!! Another one. Phew!

I think I should just harden my heart and swallow my tears. Let these comments glide off my back. Devil may care. Why should I care too much, right? I always double think about what I want to say before saying anything in the hopes of avoiding any miscommunication or misinterpretation on the receiver's part. But it seems like - I am the only one doing that. again, my fault. I care too much. Maybe it is about time, I shouldn't. It might go against my nature but I can always try it to see how it fits me. I would never know what it is to just speak freely and explain what I mean later. By later, I mean, when one person has already been offended or has misinterpreted what "I was really trying to say".

Ambiguity. Being vague, has its plus side. I just do not know how to use it to my best interest. I should learn and get better at it, I know. Sometimes, being too careful in what I say leaves me without spontaneity and lack of rough edges. No shock value.

The left-handed comment offended me, you bet your socks!! And knowing me I tried to get it out in the open and talk about it. Did me no good. Again, harden my heart and swallow my tears.

I get pissed off when I try to be good, be good-natured and someone tries to push the envelope on me. Don't you?

I have a lot to learn and I am willing to change character. I cannot survive in this dog eat dog world by wearing my heart on my sleeves. I need to get to the nitty-gritty of things and get into the trenches. I have to stand up for myself.
No one should give a left-handed comment and get away with it. People treat you the way they treat you, though badly, only with your permission. And no permission was given here, implicit nor implied. I know, the piper has to pay sooner or later. Punctuation needs to be placed on its proper location.

Pardon my specificality on this matter, enough of being goody two shoes. Harden my heart and swallow my tears. Right. Got that.

That that is, is. That is not, is not. Is that it? It is!





No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue