I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A trip down memory lane..

Photos, photos and more photos.

Now what do we do without them and what do we do with them, right?

Loads of things have happened to me spring of 2012 and more are happening summer of 2012, and what better way to remember everything than capturing them in pictures, right? Exactly! That is just what I have been doing all spring and just a few weeks into summer. Taking pictures...and loving it!!!

I take photos of places, people, food I eat, shoes, shopping hauls, etcetera.....

I post them everywhere. I send them via emails to make my Sister jealous of the tiramisu I ate for dessert or the dish of sushi I had for lunch or the Thai restaurant that R and I went to, etc.

 Now I have memory cards and USBs loaded with a gazillion of pictures. So today, I went to the nearest photo processing place and printed the "suckers"! Hahaha.. I nearly fainted when I counted and saw the nice (together with some horrendous) photos I have taken. I remember the places (of course), how the food tasted, nostalgia came over me on some of the people in there, years they happened, names of people I met, but most especially it brings back memories, good and bad - I love them all!

The technology might have changed significantly on how we keep our photos and memories but it is still the same as it was when it comes to feelings. Black or white, white and brown or crystal clear colored photos - you still feel what you feel and remember. I also notice how I keep saying "Oh, I forgot about this.." but again it brings everything back into focus after a second or two and it all comes back to me..I love reminiscing the good ol' days.

Pictures do tell a story and they say it in so many words for others or just one for some.

I have a stack of photos, by golly! I will share them now and I am getting into album-making and even dare venture into scrapbooking..funny, how I never thought I would be doing this but with the pictures I have it would be waste not to share them with loved ones. And, presentation is everything. I am making a mini-scrap book for my Sister, so she can never forget how great I am to her!

I have a Herculean task ahead of me but I love a challenge, especially my trip to Amsterdam photos! I have stuff (receipts, stubs, tickets, postcards, Belgian chocolate wrappers, etc.) from that trip that I plan to incorporate in my planned scrapbook. Just thinking about it overwhelms me but "full speed ahead, damn the torpedos!'..Hahahaha..

I will share some of my progress here, of course, just give this old gal time..

So start digging for your own old photos and start saving them in albums. Make sure you use acid free papers and 3M glue to get you going in the right direction and one day, you give them to the ones you love so they can see how terrible your hair was in high school, how long your nails were in college and how big you were in your 30s and how much slimmer you are now! They will remember you and thank you for the effort, trust me on this one.

If you take the time, you will be forever remembered kindly for taking the time and the effort. Oh and those baby pictures of your children put captions on them for what better way to embarrass them in the future when they think you can't hear them talk about you, when you have those baby pictures showing them all covered with chocolate or worst, in diapers!!

Have fun with it. And as always, take lots of photos in any occassion. Make sure your camera's battery is always charged and with memory cards plugged in and snap away.

You will thank me later. Have fun picture taking.

Have a great Fourth of July 2012, everyone!!

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue