I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

One foot in front of the other....

It is a Tuesday and first thing tomorrow morning I will get ready to head to Buenos Aires; it is my firm belief that traveling is merely putting one foot in front of the other, literally. Regardless of distance, I believe the mechanics of getting there is this and will always be the same (time travel is for another day). I am looking forward to this trip. It has been months since I was last in Buenos Aires, I even missed all the smoke commotion - oh well. I travel not in search of myself, I am not that deep, but to give myself what I would otherwise not get/find where I was last, point of origin.
I will miss California for a few months, but again I miss everything from the last place (wherever that might have been) I was a few weeks ago. I am easily attached to the people mostly, I can really care less about the geographics but the people I miss terribly. I do not like to leave people behind, I want my whole tribe traveling with me - NOT POSSIBLE!
So here I am with bags packed, passports and all the usual trinkets I travel with - en route to BsAs. My next post will be from there - winter time there now unlike the prospect of summer here in California. Oh well.
I will miss some things I really like to do in California and the freedom to drive in a place where mostly cars 99.999% of the time stay within their lanes. You probably do not have any idea why I am saying this but come to Argentina and you will know what I mean. :-) I for one do not like surprises and basically I am just accepting this as a fact when I am there - terrifying but fact nonetheless. But there are lots of things to do and more to do to occupy my time and attention.
Buenos Aires is a nice big city but the countryside is to die for - that I really look forward to having once again - the silence and the serenity - it beats any loud corner any day.
I will re-acquaint myself with the streets, the language and the faces that I had grown to like and would meet everyday. I like that.
I am not delusional to say that BsAs is the best for me, the language is a real sticky point for me, but I willing to apply myself and learn just to for to say the least better myself. I am not doing for another person, I really would like to know the language.
Some people will ram the idea of perfection down my throat on some threads I have read - but you know if you are happy in any place, I am deliriously happy that you are happy; but please do not tell me how I should feel because only I can tell you what and how I feel about any place, food or people. I like it that most people I have met in BsAs that are english speaking like BsAs but I also like to hear people say how they are unhappy there - it keeps things REAL. And believe me, I like REAL things and especially people that is why when I travel I do not count the 20th step I would take but the step that follow the first, one foot in front of the other - -
Ciao. C U in BsAs.

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue