I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Friday, August 9, 2013

A trip to San Francisco..and Oakland

It has really been a long time since I went to San Francisco,  I mean eons!

So when a very, very dear friend of mine invited me to go to SFO and attend her parent's 50th wedding anniversary (and some encouragement from R, thanks R!) I went. I am so glad I did. I had the most marvelous time catching up with friends and adopted-family (long story, but FAMILY, never the less).

I flew into Oakland and rented a car. I stayed at nice places and saw wonderful things and places. 

I will share pictures and make notes as we go along, okay.

Since I was only going to be gone 3 days, I took a large hand carry bag (mango orange here) and a small hand carry suitcase (black). It packed more than I actually ended up using.
I stayed at an Inn that had this bench by the courtyard. Loved it! I had my evening coffee and morning java there as well. Nice.
I rented a Jetta and loved driving it. It was just the right size for me. It handled so well and so gas economical. The AC was fabulous and the sound system was great the CD panel was so easy to operate, oh yeah, I brought my own CD to play while driving there.
I drove west over 580 Richmond San Rafael Bridge. Let me assure you, it is an easy drive to make. I was apprehensive at first (considering the Golden Gate was a scarier alternative for me!). I recommend crossing this bridge at least once. The light and the beams were so memorable for me. Loved it!!
After the wedding anniversary day, I headed to Napa Valley. My trusted Jetta was a delight to drive in.
I even took a toll road...
As you can see, I went there on a Sunday, roads were empty..loving it!!
Must have when at the Oakland International Airport, Fentons Creamery. Delicious! Regardless of what reviewers say anywhere about service at this ice cream stand, GO!! Smile and place your order with the lady, she was very nice to me. It was a HOT summer day, and this cup of deliciousness hit the spot right on!

I was having loads of fun while I was there and just wanted to share some pictures.
I hope you all have a great weekend...and when in Oakland, SFO check these places out..

See you all soon...

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue