I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Travelling to the Philippines..must haves beauty items and others

Hi everyone.

One thing I noticed something on all my posts here is I always mention my never ending travels yet I never post anything that I take with me...so I thought let us start with a very common destination and what I bring or take with me to the Philippines.

First let us make it clear that no matter what time of the year it is, NO MATTER, it is HUMID in the Philippines. And no matter what part of the country you will be in, it will be freakin' humid. And it is one of its "charm". You just have to work around the humidity, and that is a fact. 

As a must-have makeup person, I bring all those products that will stand the sweltering heat and it could rain any part of the day and it could last for days. Highest SPF containing sunscreen is a must. Bring all sizes and stick them to your purse, your luggage wherever you think you can stick it. Take two if must. But bring one, at least.

Second, if you can swing it, use a tinted moisturizer or take a nice industrial strength concealer (MAC, is my go to one these days). You will sweat! So take blotting paper or a nice refresher spray like Caudalie (refreshing and smells great, not the ones that are fruity smelling, they will attract bugs!).

Third, lipstick, use matte ones and a quality lipgloss. Take a lipbalm to condition your lips at night.

Pedi and Manis are inexpensive there, just bring one or two of your favorite nailpolish. 

Use waterproof mascara and eyeliner (be it liquid or pencil).


Hand cream (L'Occitane is a fave). And for an evening out, use a mild parfum. Nothing too strong, again to avoid the bugs. I take one quad of eyeshadow for night wear and a handy neutral palette for the plane to touch up before exiting the airport. Gotta look good, right?

When travelling, I usually stash a bar of chocolate in the purse, for those I need a sugar rush moment. Or anytime you feel like a pick me up choco moment. Toblerone or the Japanese KitKat is always does the job.

And bring cotton wear, you will thank me for it.

Deodorant or antiperspirant is a must. With all the sweating going on you can only stack the odds on your favor not to smell like a dying gardenia or worst, like a sour Victoria Secret lotion with vanilla or somethin'.

I wanted to post my latest travel plastic bag that I present for the security inspection before airport boarding but somehow my photo files is acting up (ARGH!!).

Maybe next time. Bring a lot of sense of humor and remember this is a vacay, so ease up on the must haves and take the basics of all basic needs. Cosmetics is not something you want to buy in the Philippines, they cost a lot there. Bring your own makeup and between the toothpaste and the NARS stuff you want, bring the NARS; you can buy toothpaste there!

Have fun and remember, write a postcard to send home. They will love you for it!





No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue