I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Thursday, November 29, 2012

My favorite things (well, some of it!) for 2012

   It is official, December 2012 is here! And in hopes of starting a new tradition here, I will share some of my favorite things.  This will give you a glimpse of the kinds of things I like, buy, use and enjoy.

   I do not do hauls on this blog (I do not post what I buy or what I had amassed throughout the year) but for a change let me share what works for me and what I think are really worth the money (hard earned). I am not saying you will like them like I do, but give it some thought if you are looking some quality items to give to friends (girls) and for yourself should you want to splurge, a bit.

   Let me start with an all-time favorite room deodorizer. I love the Bath and Body Works concentrated room spray, the 1.5oz Signature Collection. They made a lot of scents on their limited edition room spray but I only liked 2 of them. Namely, Japanese Cherry Blossom and the Black Amethyst. It is just so ME! I love the staying power of the spray and yet it is never overpowering if you just give the room a quick one spray; no more than that. I have reserves since they discontinued this the very next year they came out with it. And so far, nothing of their recently released Collection caught my fancy.

Now, we come to my favorite part, cosmetics.

  
Okay, what you see here are my GO-TO products for 2012. Since I have been living out of a suitcase most of this year (travel alot) most of these are travel sizes and TSA approved measurements and quantity.
Let me list them: Murad SPF-30 travel-size sunscreen, 2 MAC lipsticks (one creme, the other a VIVA GLAM), MAC lustreglass, REVLON limited edition lilac lipgloss, Burt's Bees lipbalm, Covergirl LASHBLAST mascara, limited edition KATE lipstick, MAC Zoom Lash Mascara travel-size, STILA limited edition lipgloss, NIVEA (blue tin, original ones made from Germany) moisturizer,  L'Occitane hand cream, AVON limited edition quad-eyeshadows, Concealer by Benefit (Erase Paste) and the ever present in my purse Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Eau de Parfum 7ml travel size rollerball..

I have other faves but these are the staples that I travelled with this year. I try to change things abit every year to keep them fresh and new to me, especially the parfum part. I like to surprise R with some new ones everytime I am with him. Sometimes he likes one more than another. Right, R?

Well, I have given you a quick peek into my makeup kit and you know tomorrow, being officially December, I might just change things around and by the end of the year, I am sure I will have new faves for 2013.

Stay safe everyone and so far November has been a blast for me. I love letting you in and see my world (or a little of it). I am a girly-girl no doubt. I like things that remind me that deep down, I like true beauty from  within but it never hurts to look pretty outside and smell very good as well. And feeling pretty is just a bonus.

Have a great weekend everyone and see you in December! That's tomorrow...

Maybe next year I will post something that will tell you where in the world (exactly) I am at this time..well,maybe...

Have fun. Be safe.

Until tomorrow for it will be another day......
  

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue