I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Keratosis Pilaris ....maintenance routine

It has almost been a year and 2 months since I had my worst breakout with KP.

Here I share what I use to maintain my KP free skin, a skin routine of sorts. Stress can cause an occasional breakout on my back but nothing a good dose of Lubriderm for Dry Skin lotion can't fix. I use the 1% hydrocotisone ointment on the breakout area (usually my back) if needed.

I still use my Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Face Scrub. Mostly twice a day. I use CHI silk infusion serum on my hairline and a good sunscreen with the highest SPF all over my body. Even if I am just at home, I slather this baby on. The drugstore brand usually works for me.













Lately, this summer 2014, I have been using the Studio 35 Beauty Ultimate Healing Lotion to stop itching on the rest of my body. As soon as I feel an itch coming on, I squirt a dallop of this lotion on the palm of my hand, rub my palms together and apply on the area where I feel the itch. This has been very effective for me. And sadly because of the scratching that I had been doing during my worst bout with KP in 2013, I have some white spotty areas on my arm that I want to even out the skintone on, here is where I apply the Jergens BB Body perfecting skin cream on. It keeps my skin soft and so far the colors have comeback to what it used to be..I don't apply too much skin I tan easily. I am using the Medium to Deep skin tone version of this cream. I love it. The BB Body I usually apply after my morning shower, my skin just drinks this stuff up and I put a good amount on my thighs since that was where the most concentrated KP I had at that time.






Now this one item can be a little bit tricky..I have a good supply of this soap that I use when I am in a humid country. The 100% coconut oil soap has done wonders for my skin. Humidity can cause excessive drying of the skin if one is not careful. You would think that with all that humidity in the air your skin will always be moistened, not so! Because one sweats it can deplete the vital water on the skin that keeps it supple. Veritas is a brand that I bought in South America. I am sure one can find it here in the USA or in some cases in Asia. I have never looked for them, since I have had a supply of them. This soap is not oily at all when used in the shower. Considering that it is with natural ingredients of coconut oil. It not only is good for my skin but it leaves me feeling clean.






I just wanted to share with you how I have been KP free (almost!) for over a year. It takes diligence and dedication to stay in tuned with your skin. KP tends to show where we least want it to. I love wearing sleeveless tops and if I have KP on my arms, it is embarrassing! I love wearing shorts, who wants KP on their legs and thighs? No one. And most especially KP on the cheeks, horrible! 

I read the labels now of products that I am considering of using. I love lotions and handcreams, there is no stopping me from loving them, I just have to find the right one for me.

And diet is the biggest change I have made to show myself I love the body I am in.

Imperfections are perfectly fine. But if I can irradicate having to live with KP, why not. So this is what my regimen is. Hope this helps you. 

And please, do not scratch!

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue