I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Argentinian Peso to the US Dollar...2009 (first 2 months)

Last year, at one of the local expat sites, there was one brazen "prediction" that the USA has gone to hell and that with all it's glory will fall from its pedestal. Well, wait this person also said the value of the Argentinian peso will...hold on...go up and that the dollar will...hold on...GO DOWN to 2.60 pesos for every dollar. (giggle!)
Now as I watch the TV and the exchange rate go up for the US dollar, I wonder where this guy's tail is now! A good choice will be...ahem..betweeen his legs?!
I mean from his gloomy prediction of 2.69 to a dollar we are looking at 3.55 pesos for a dollar. Now things are bad but the dollar is still up compared to the Arg peso because even on worst times, the US dollar is more in value than the Arg peso. I guess a village idiot can figure that out with the numbers we have clearly in front of us.
Some people have a rosy vision of how life is here in Argentina (BsAs) they want to dis the US to make this place sophisticated and greater than it really is! I mean as long as we stay realistic, we talk reality. No rose colored glasses on.
And just saying how doomed the USA is and how magnificent Argentina is under its present conditions does not make it so. That is just like saying one person is fat does not make me thin!
Anyhooo...just wanted to call on that person on that website ( no one will fess up to saying that now - I should have saved the post!) I know exactly who it is but I just do not have the post anymore (ERASED?).
So here we are early into 2009 and the US dollar is gaining value in Argentina, I hope visitors come and tourists pour in money in this place.
But I do not think the $134.00 entry fee starting March 1st 2009 will help but ..we'll see.
To that person who talks trash about the US, I wonder what lies he tells himself and if he is really happy when he goes to the US (for a visit he says!). Hmm...
It is interesting to listen to people speak so badly about the USA and that how doomed it is. But when the Phoenix rises, he will be stronger than ever. I wonder if the tunes will change then...I am sure it will.
See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard yesterday from an Argentina home owner that the Argentine peso is being relatively "held" until the elections in October whence it will be "released". At that point, no one knows whether it will sky rocket (to 1:5) or drop (to 1:1). Any insight or knowledge on this?

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue