I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Is it September...already?!

Time does go by so quickly. I can still vividly recalling the very day I tried to put up the 2009 Christmas tree in Argentina and now....in a couple of months I will be putting up another tree for Xmas '09 - phew!
Loving the line from "Ferris Beuller's Day Off " movie - I dare not blink because I do not want life to pass me by. (Wonderful movie about growing up, btw.)
It is hellishly hot and excruciatingly humid in California these last several weeks. There is the Big Fire up north and the monsoon typhoons down the coast of Baja, August was dry but September in California (Southern) has always been dry (no rain), such a combustible combination for wildfires. We hope not!
On a lighter note (trying to see the positive in all these negatives), a nice bottle of my newly discovered Canadian brew is just the key to quench my evening thirst, one bottle only a day, none on the weekends.
Mexican food (carnitas with flour tortilla and guac sauce/sour cream, or 2 beef tacos with real mexican rice) is just what I recommend with this brew. Yummy! Glug-glug, Gulp!
I also found a nice cold drink - Mucho Mango - another thirst quencher.
Do not get me started on the ice cream, please. Ben and Jerry's came out with loads of new summer flavor as well, but so far I have been re-acquainting myself with the classics only. A small bowl after a nice dinner, is just the ticket to cool off before going to bed.
I try to do all my errands early morning or late afternoon, it is all about timing ya know. My attempt to avoid intense dizzying heat everyday.
September - I am starting to like it already. I think in a few days Labor Day will be here and you know what that means - SALES at the mall!!
I am liking this month more and more. No point in suffering the heat, I am thinking if I go out often enough, my tan will be perfect by the time Halloween gets around. And who doesn't want that?
September is here - and it will only bearound for 27 more days. And then November will be here...don't even get me talking about November....
For now and today, it is another day, and that is the way we like it - one day at a time.
Take care

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue