I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The "girl" in me

   Today, was a nice and sunny day. A rare occurence after a series of gloomy weeks. Today was exceptionally bright. So, I thought, "What was does a woman do when the sun decides to show up". Easy. Let's go shopping!

   Hence, after lunch I decided to make the hour and so drive south from my point of origin to a major mall. Shopping always gets me inexpicably giddy. There was a Tshirt for R that I have been meaning to get. I needed all the luck I can get on this endeavor.

   The drive was good and relaxing. I took my time and listened to some CD and I was there even faster than I thought. It also pays to know a short-cut.

   The hunt for the elusive shirt did not pay off. Alas, they do not have anything that I liked. The material was right but the design on it was horrendous. So, NO! If I find a good design on the Tshirt, the cloth used is either see-through or just plain cheapy. So, again NO! Or worst, they do not have any size that would fit my R. Urgh!! I went inside a major department store and even to several private owned shops to check them out. But woe is me, nothing. R, if you are reading this, sorry but there is no shirt on this puny island I am in that would make me proud to give to you.

   All this shopping got me thinking about one aspect a girl always try to cultivate - mastering the art of shopping. The "girl" in just kicks in when the task before me is shopping. My color and material with price radar is always on alert. My gut feeling always works 99.98% of the time. I thought it was amusing that when you hit your prime, like I have, I think I have honed my shopping skills to the max. I love a good bargain and there are things that I have bought that everytime I look at them years later. I pat myself on the very good find and good buy I made on the said item.

    Look at few of the bracelets I got ages ago (see picture below). And with proper care and storage, I still get to enjoy them to this very day.

    The "girl" in me always come to the surface when it comes to shopping and if I do it right, my purchase are never trendy or fashion that is just for the moment, they would be classic pieces thus rendering them timeless. Now that is a good girl!

    I ended up getting munchies for myself on this unproductive Tshirt hunt of mine. After all what beats a nice slice of Ube (purple root crop) marbled cake and a little muffin made of plain chiffon cake to take home after shopping. Well, the girl's gotta eat...hahaha...

    The drive home was slower, heavy traffic you see. But, with the sunny day, I am not complaining.  But I got home in ample time to write this blog and have decided to save the cake for tomorrow's "le gouter" (afternoon snack).

     See you tomorrow...(picture below are some of my collection of bracelets)...take care.

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue