I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Saturday, September 15, 2012

On a rainy day

   Being in Asia at this time of the year, I get to see more rainy days than sunny days.

   Oh, please do not get me wrong. I love rainy days. The cool breeze bring gusts of wind that make leaves and tree branches sway. And being in an agricultural part of this archipelago, that is a sight to behold. The only down side to all these rain is that, when it rains, IT RAINS! Pouring rain would be a slight drizzle any other parts of the world. A days worth of rain can cause flooding here, lowlands and up close to the mountains. And that spells disaster to those who reside close to any small or large bodies of water. But, otherwise, the cooler breeze offsets the horrid humidity that can sometimes be unbearable.

   So we find ways to occupy our time when we are homebound. The books and magazines have been read twice-over, DVDs have been viewed and there is always the good old cable television channel. So far today, I watched "Anna and the King" with Jodie Foster; and if one has to watch a movie on a rainy day with a bag of cheeze curls surrounded by lots of pillows this would be it.

   So, there I was laying in bed watching this movie ( with a box of tissue to my right). I always cry when I watch this soppy love stories. And this one is a sad one - no happy ending here. A more realistic ending, that I tend to like. I love the whole costume thing going. A period movie will always have a soft spot in my heart ..but the Anna and the King (instead of the original The King and I with Yul Brynner) is a good one to watch again and again.

   I am not sure exactly what it is that I love about this movie that draws me to watch it each time it comes on TV. I think it is partly because of the sad ending or the fact that Jodie Foster plays the part of Madame Anna Leonowens so well. Such class, guarded restriction in demeanor yet with a slight defiance and rebellion to her character. I just like the whole ensemble. Oh yes, there is the young prince in there that is so endearing and with his soft moments on screen, would want me believing, he too would make a very good King to Siam one day.

  Well, today as I watch this movie, I anticipatingly wait for one of my favorite three best lines uttered in this movie. Allow me to share one of them. This was said by King Mongkut to Anna Leonowens, "When a woman who has so much to say, says nothing, her silence is deafening."

  I love this line and always will. I think it speaks alot and can only be interpreted one way, your own personal way. Oh so, King Mongkut!

  On a rainy day, I watched an all-time favorite movie of mine. And I forgot how time passed so fast. Good movie.

   I hope tomorrow the sun comes up and shines a little though. I am hoping to go out and enjoy my Sunday with the sun.

   Thank you for keeping me company today. So, see you back next time.
  
 
  
  

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue