I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

The devil is in the details!

The weekend - it was a learning experience. My "R" and I are good, very good. We have "hiccups" in our relationships every now and then, but it keeps us both real. I learn from what any heartache I go through and I am sure he does as well. Forgiveness is the pillar to any relationship, I have read somewhere. And as long as there is the true and devoted love we have to each other (not to anyone else -but to each other) I am sure it would take a lot to dissolve this relationship of ours! He and I, rock! So there, forgiveness, sacrifice and understanding can really go a long way.
Then today is Thursday - though it reminds us all of the Sept 11, 2001, I conquered a big task today. I drove from the burbs to the City of Buenos Aires (Belgrano); all by myself (and 2 CDs on the player!). I made it. Unbelievable. And yeah, it was raining, did I mention that? It was.
All I can say is - it was great. I never liked driving much but today was an adrenalin-pumping trek. I loved it! I called "R" after I had gotten to my place and the car is safely parked at the parking garage around the block. Boy, was it great. The traffic is as usual but I had a great time with it. It kept me alert and driving in safe speed made the travel good.
Now the sun is out. After a very grayish morning it is sunny at 2pm. Today is a memorable day for me, I was able to go to the city and drive through the labyrinth of traffic and fast and slow cars and get here to my place - what a day. I loved the challenge and a little fear helped me immensely. It was a test and I hope to repeat the experience tomorrow.
"R" would be so proud. And I kept hearing the voice of "R's" Dad, saying years ago that I can do it and that I have no fear. I do but it served me very well. I was driving as I know I would. Oh yeah and it helped that in the Philippines people sort of drive like the same way here :-)
Well, that is my update for now. Diet is going well, missed 2 days of yoga but will make up for one tonight and tomorrow I do the stairmaster.
Veggies are great and I eat just a tad bit of meat now; but I still love the cheeses and fruits.
See you another day, k?
Ciao.

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue