I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Friday, September 5, 2008

When it rains, it pours....

Not sure why I titled this post as such but I think it is relevant to what I am going through right now. When it is aches we are talking about I have had a deluge of them lately, but when good things happen, it also comes in abundance...so when it rains..it pours..
Thank you very much, but my lunch was so good. A very good crispy but sweet pear and some slices of mortadella with pistachio and a good (5) selection of hard cheeses. Lunch was very good! I had water. Laterly, my lunch has been going through a major overhaul because of the diet I am in. Lunch is to be filling but not carb heavy at all. Sometimes I have steamed veggies, good too with some grated reggiano parmesan...yummy!
Oh, last night as I was steaming some very crunchy asparagus, I thought, people who think they are stuffing themselves with pastries, cakes, candies, bread and soda are having the most of life, they are so wrong...now I know that. It is not inexpensive to go on a life altering diet. Veggies, cheese, tofu, good chicken (with out skin) and good beef and excellent fruits cost money. I was thinkning if people had more money they would be on a diet. Don't you think?
I am not here to tell you that having a svelte body is the reason I went on this diet. My doctor of a father wanted to make sure I was doing it for the right reason (notice, I did not say, reasons). And I am, for health reason only. Now that I am on this diet, and excercise regimen, I have more energy for longer walks and not sleepy in the afternoon. I can concentrate more when reading and I sleep better. And I thought it was great that I started this diet in Argentina, because the selection of fruits and veggies here (and very good quality - at least from my own verdulero) is optimum to my goals. The sweet cravings was something I was worried about but with oranges and mandarin oranges that are sweeter than sweet, who needs alfajores?! And then I do not have the craving for soda, since I have been off them for 3 years and then one day I picked up a Pepsi and I was downhill from there 2 months.
Well it is Friday and we are off to the burbs. I am looking forward to quality time with my "R". My skin feels great and looks great, the countryside will surely help me more on that regard. I promise to relax this weekend, and not let anything get between me and the good time I will have with "R".
My meals for the weekend are pre-planned and that is the best way to go about dieting I think. Pre-plan so you do not end up eating whatever is handy and those usually are not very good for me. I do not have any cookies, crackers or sweets in the house. Don't have them, won't eat them, you know?
So, let us see what the next few days bring. I miss my "R" and I know he misses me - he tells me. So here we go...I am sure being together in one house will help our predicament. I will just try to focus on what I need to do for our UNIT and get that stronger and things will fall into place. Things always work out for the best, you know.
It will be good I know, it surely could not be any worse than being away and apart from each other. Coz for two people who so belong together, we have been spending alot of time apart. Not good, not good at all. So here we go..
See you Sunday? Another day, y'all.
Ciao.

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue