I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Thursday, November 6, 2008

days after the 2008 USA Presidential Election

Okay so I have now fully recovered from the election of '08. It was a long and herculean task for me to decide on whom to vote and prospositions "yes or no". I did it and now I am glad I did it, and it is over with.
Barack Obama is President-Elect, Oprah cried on TV, Jesse Jackson did the same, Joe the Plumber is back to oblivion, Palin is back in Alaska, and Proposition 8 will still be entangled in the courts for months if not years.
Phew! that was an ordeal not just for the candidates but for the voters as well. Wall Street is still struggling...one thing good I can say is the price of gas is down, so far today it was $2.37/gallon. Yipee!!!
I am enjoying Southern California, really and truly. I saw my BFF today and she looked great, the hubby is great and the little ones (not so little anymore) are fabulous. I love Miss! She tells me exactly that my hair looked great (and she knows I hate short hair) and that my makeup is fantastic and that my eyeliner is great. Miss will give it to me straight, she is a straight shooter. I email her when I am away but it is never the same. She looked great I give her that, after two kids (and one husband -jajaja) she is still like the way she was before her first baby. I am jealous :-)
I will definitely see her again before I leave. Miss, an honest BFF, rare as a gem, nowadays.
In other mattters...
I am enjoying pomegranates in California. If you haven't had these red, luscious seeds - you are missing something. They are my antioxidant - in the natural form. Delicious!!
And then I am enjoying the cosmetics here - if I could marry these things I will!
My aquafina water - I mean I have died and drank my way to heaven. Just pure water not minerals no nothing, pure unadulterated W-A-T-E-R! Hmm.
Ben and Jerry's ice cream - hello!! Cherry Garcia and all the flavors, just making one choice is making me gain weight. Cookie Dough anyone?
Like I said...I miss my "R" but I am enjoying California. Tomorrow, I go out and get myself a bottle of Chardonnay. I will keep a glass chilled just for you, k?
See you all guys tomorrow.
Pictures are coming....Ciao!

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue