I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Pecan Pie

Thanksgiving Day is just over a week away or so. And boy had I had the craving for some luscious crostata pecan pie. The one I love the most. Yummers!
I have searched high and low for a pecan pie like this wherever I go and only in Southern California can I indulge myself of this particular kind. It is a you-gotta-try kind of pie. I am more of a pie person than a cake person (well, there is one cake I would never say NO to). Crostata - is a term used for making the dough or type of dough. It is not much of a floury dough but more like butter shortbread type of dough is used to complement the molasses and the excellently well-roasted (still crunchy even if it is submerged in all that molasses) pecans. It is all organic ingredients.
I like this crostata because it is a well balanced mixture of taste (sweet molasses and saltiness of the dough) and texture (syrupy and yet crunchy).
I love the experience it time. I can only eat one slice per day, but the first day I got the pie, I gave myself a big chunk just to get my craving out of the way. Man, was it ever so good.
I am telling you if you have a sweet tooth, your tooth will be happy with this.
See ya!

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue