I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pizza and Salad...California Style

This is a San Diego Pizza by Pat & Oscar's. The dough is soft and perfect. The toppings to die for namely cheese, feta cheese, pesto sauce, red onion rings and last but definitely not the least wedges of avocado (ergo - San Diego). I mean this baby is very good. One thing that could top this is to have it with a nice cold mug of beer. But that would be too much indulgence in one night. Read on...
I guess after a long absence from California, my taste buds are dominating lots of my food choices since I got back in California.


To the right is a picture of a small (but served 2 people aplenty!) salad from the same food chain called (non-typical only-conceived-in-California) Pat & Oscars. Missed the place while I was in Buenos Aires thus my trip to this place as soon as I was able to. "M" wanted some ribs so that is the best ribs in town! And we have found it here. abck to the salad, yes....that mound of white stuff is FETA cheese, the real stuff. Something I still have to find in Argentina. Some beets (red round objects bottom right of the pix) and then a bed of iceberg lettuce (crunchy and very good), peperroncinis, kalamata olives (thus the name - GREEK salad), loads of red onions, sweet, vine ripe cherry tomatoes, cucumber rings, and an out of this world house dressing. I mean, I missed this pleasure food. Good stuff! The ribs were "M"'s and was wiped out before I can take a photo. It was at least a 5burp meal. It was so sinfully good, and good for you!!

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue