I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Friday, August 21, 2009

Five ingredients..

I am seriously considering making this into a foodie blog...NOT!
But today, as I was in search of the newest flavor out there in ice creams...I think I have moved a step closer to naming a favorite.
Welcome to my review of Haagan -Dazs FIVE.
So there I was at the grocery and as always my last stop before heading to the self-checkout part of the store - the ICE CREAM section. You know the rhyme...you scream, I scream, we all scream for Ice Cream! So there I was, oogling over the newest flavors between Ben and Jerry's and Haagan-Dazs. I love B 'n J, do not get me wrong - but I wanted something NEW-er! A few days ago I got the B 'n J Green Tea ice cream and it is as always delicious and glorious as I remembered it but my insatiable need for something else prevailed - thus the FIVE!
FIVE stands for the basic ingredients in the Haagan Dazs new line of ice cream, it is 4 main ingredients PLUS the fruit/flavor (in my case Passion Fruit - LOVE!!). The packaging was simple (white with gold letters), very classic in text and the picture of passion fruit is just perfect (a half of a fruit on the lower right hand side of the front portion of the pint container) red peel with the yellow with black center seeds. Lucious even, I dare add.
I had to wait until after dinner to have a nice 1/2 a bowl of it. I got the ice cream mid morning, in case you were wondering. I wanted something special for dessert after dinner.
So after opening, the pint was full to the brim and it smelled reallly goood...scoop after scoop I placed some unto my bowl and then without further ado I took my first teaspoonful taste. Man oh man, the texture was smooth. I can taste the passion fruit (tart, tangy a bit but still creamy smooth with a tinge of sugar), I can smell the citrusy fruit even - the milk was of very good quality and the sugar was just right (not too sweet - we hate ice cream that is just loaded with sugar!)
Milk + cream+ sugar+ egg PLUS flavor - simple ingredients but one of the best ice creams I have tasted so far, okay, ever.
FIVE comes in 7 various flavors (vanilla bean, passion fruit, brown sugar, coffee, ginger, milk chocolate, mint).
R, these babies are very good. Much better than Persicco's and getting up there to Munchi's quality. Argentina's got very good ice cream but I think Haagan Dazs is catching up with this line and fast.
They were on sale for $3.99 a pint but well worth the price, it was that good. And by the looks of what was left on the freezer shelves these are popular items on a hot or a humid summer day like today.
Ice cream - who doesn't love them huh? It always brings a smile to one's face but today I had a big grin on mine.
R, this would be on your list next time you visit. It ain't Munchi's yet - but one I am happy to see some progress in the ice cream indulgence section of my grocery store. On that sweet note, I say Haagan Dazs gets my vote on this new FIVE ! Summer and ice cream what could be better than that?!

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue