I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

I leave Argentina on Monday...and others

After 2 more nights, I will be leaving Argentina. I do not know if I should feel sad but I know that R and I are doing the right thing. There is the element of the unknown and after years of planning my life toooo much, I have the opportunity to do what is right for this moment and this moment alone. There is the adventure excitement in that.
I knew I will never be able to put things in 100% order before I leave but I am again grateful that R will help me sort some or most of what is left behind so they will get to my final destination (namely 10 boxes).
The city abode in BsAs will need a good cleaning and stuff have to be taken to where the rest of the boxes are - but there is just no time or was there ever a convenient time to do this (remember the heater fiasco!) well...again I am so grateful R will sort this end for me. Thanks a million R!
Last night the gang of 3 (me included) went to the Barrio Chino to have a nice Chinese dinner, I love that place, good food too.
And as soon as I got home I checked my emails and found out that an ex-president of the Philippines, Corazon Cojuangco-Aquino passed away. She was battling colon cancer. I have some very vivid memories of what she meant to me and the symbol of hope and change for the Philippines after the tumultous 70's and 80's. The first time I voted was when she was running against Marcos. She won. The social activist in me was sparked by her words and I believe I was ever the same "princess" again after those last years in college. It was a social awareness awakening that I will treasure forever. I do not know her personally and there are some rumors about discontent in her haciendas in Tarlac, but for today I would like to think of one of the few people who have helped influence the person that I am today. She brought the country together (the Philippines) when they needed it the most. For that, she had lived up to the dream (for awhile) of her late husband Ninoy Aquino. Rest in Peace Cory and thank you for caring for the Pinoys! You are in better hands now....

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue