I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Dinner with the BFFs tonight

Well we have finally decided to meet tonight. After a few days of wrangling dates, time and place where we (my 2 Best female friends) can have this dinner, it was decided Tuesday- a perfect date. After numerous bouncing back and forth of emails asking about what we want and where should we go - we have decided 7pm, tonight.
This is always the case with busy lives. Before emails, people actually picked up the phone and dialed and spoke to friends to set up things like this. People still dial - cell phones or voice activate dialing the cell phone. With busy friends, we tend to do what seems to be technologies aid in making our lives better and more efficient - it doesn't. But since both my BFFs are in the office most of the mornings, emails is the best way to get a hold of them and you have a better chance of getting a response this way.
I will take my nap this afternoon and get ready for dinner later. I am not sure exactly where we are meeting but I think I will just wing it, I have an idea where it is but not 100%. OK, so I can call but when you are meeting 2 girls at a parking lot of a restaurant - it will not be that easy! - you see we have not decided which restaurant we are going to go to, so we will meet at this general common parking lot of a big business/ restaurant row complex.
Second, this is our first dinner together, the 3 of us, since the last single member of this trio got married a few months back. We are down on the 411, so some updating is needed.
I will tell you tomorrow what happened and where we end up. I am sure Hooters is not an option, we just wanted to get a good laugh and suggested that right out. We have several choices, Indian food, Thai food, Fusion cuisine, Mexican food, Japanese - but really 3 women trying to make up their mind, that should require some margaritas, cosmos and even a martini for me. We'll see. This will be fun. And I am up for it.
Oh and BTW if I remember my camera, I will take a picture of the dish that I will order, just so I can post my first picture here and I can share, ok?
Comeback tomorrow and see what I have for you.


No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue