I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What's on the lunch menu?

It is a very nice and sunny day in Southern California today. An ideal and idyllic day in paradise. Weather here never seems to disappoint me. It is always sunscreen and sunglasses weather...ahh summer time in heaven.
The cool breeze coming from the ocean is just perfect right now. I am about to start my lunch. I have my slightly chilled bottled water, and my salad. This is no ordinary salad, I have waited 8 weeks or more to have one of these salads. Oh no, not because it was not available but because I have been travelling for roughly that length of time and was not able to get myself one of this.

What I have in front of me is a chicken chipotle salad (CCS). People in California know exactly where I got this.

Imagine this...a tortilla baked to form the shape of a shell (bowl), nice and crispy. Then on top of that is a good heaping of shredded iceberg lettuce, and on top of that is a big breast of chicken that was grilled to perfection (grill markings and all) with a slight hint of teriyaki soy on it - this is sliced and diced to mini-bite size pieces. To that, a fair amount of salsa is added - not the sauce kind but chunky tomatoes, cilantro, onions and jalapeno finely diced. The jalapeno is a nice touch to give the salsa just the right amount of kick to it. Then grated parmesan is generously sprinkled on top of the salad.

The salad dressing, I always ask to be given to me on the side. I never want my salad wilted and soppy with dressing when I get home with it. So it is always on the side. The dressing is made up of ranch style dressing blended with dried mexican chipotle chili that have been reconstituted and placed in a food blender with the ranch dressing. The consistency is grainy but smooth at the same time, just like the way I like it. This specific salad dressing is an excellent concoction to top the chicken salad. I relish every bite every time I have one of these salads.

I like very good and well prepared salads, in general. I love Cobb salads too but that sounded too heavy and too much to have for today. Fresh ingredients and the fusion of taste and texture is important to me, and I think this CCS is just right.

Water was perfection in itself... this is also one thing I miss when I travel..my favored bottled water. No, not flavored, just my favorite bottled water. I know it is water but when I am not in California and I have to settle for that particular destination place's local water, I can last with that for awhile but then I have to eventually settle for second best - Evian.

I, The Ultimate Diva, would like to thank you for your company and my chipotle chicken salad that I truly enjoyed for lunch today. I had fun. And I will see you again another day. Toodles!

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue