I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Monday, June 25, 2007

Guess who came to join me for my morning cup of coffee...

Yesterday was a Sunday. And boy, oh boy, was I up for a nice surprise.
First, I made myself a cup of joe (something I had not done in a very long time). What was extra ordinary about this past Sunday was that I was joined by someone for coffee. It was a quick encounter but I had a splendid time about it.
I welcomed into the living room a tall, utterly jaw dropping (though now follicle challenged at 55, the son of a milkman from the streets on the poor side of New Castle England. Music is all he ever wanted to do, he said. I love his music and art, his accent, his yoga and well-toned body, his song writing abilities, his god-given talent to play stringed instruments, his love for his wife and children. His music is fabulous. I listen to it all the time. I have his CD in my car right now. More potent than the jolt of caffeine that was inside my hot cup of coffee was when he flashed his smile and sang me a song. I just but melted right there on that very spot (OK, I was seated - but it made for an very good visual) and it was truly a relaxed yet splendid experience. You gotta love this guy.
Picture this, as I sit here and breath, Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner, is in my living room singing me a summer song. How fab! The voice, the lyrics, melody and the tune- WOW does not begin to cover it - for it is like none other. Of course we all know him commonly as STING.
You know the member of the band POLICE (they are reuniting for a series of concerts)? Ring any bells? Well, it was a nice morning indeed, and as I finished off the last few drops of my coffee, I listened to the rest of his song. Lulling, soft and mellow voice, comforting and connected. I think his music has matured as he has. Very nice.
He was being interviewed on TV, you see. With my hot cup of coffee at hand and STING singing in the background, it was a promising start of what will be a very good summer.
And after the long absence of coffee in my morning rituals, I think I will only make it once again when the right guest decides to come and join me. Oh and BTW, I am taking up yoga again, I started yesterday.

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue