I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tarta de Espinaca..aka, spinach pie

   After finally deciding to make some spinach pie, we gathered the ingredients and had it over the weekend. With some tweaking here and there of the recipe, I could say that it came our splendidly great.

   It is varied from any given internet recipe for the tarta but altogether considering we did not have the "actual size pan" we needed, a few adaptations and compromise to the recipe - it was great.

   R, rolled the dough to the size that would fit the pan-size we had handy and I taught him how to improvise a non-stick pan when none is available. It was fun and very enriching experience and let us not forget the pie came out very good. Look and see at the photos..

This is the filling that was inside the spinach pie.

And when it was inside the oven..almost done...

And here you go...

Sliced...

It was very good. Spinach with fontina and romano cheese - wow! The dough was also sooo good. I had it with beer :-)

Enjoy and sorry for my late post.

For eveyone who loved the taco Baja Style post - THANK YOU for liking that post. It was good. If you really want to know where I have them..all you have to do is ask.

See you tomorrow...

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue