I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Tortilla Soup...

    Yesterday was loads of fun!

    Being a Friday, some friends and co-workers from my previous job decided to have a long lunch. We gathered at a burger joint. There was an accountant/bookkepper, the sales department manager, my bestie Missy and myself. All four of us was placed in a nice corner in a very cozy restaurant. The sun was bright but the wind was brisk..Jacket weather..well, in my case my good old denim jacket.

     Let me not mention names and I apologize I cannot post pictures of the ever so lovely ladies but I am posting food..second best thing.

     The lunch was 1 1/2 hours and it was packed with sharing and laughter, giggles and teasing and lots of keeping everyone updated. There were some revelations but it should be expected, I haven't seen the lovelies in a long while with everything that was happening and all. But, we are planning a second get together..we are hoping it would be a "liquid lunch"..that would be fun, with a capital "F".

     Burger joint. So they had burgers (see the Maui Burger) and I had the small bowl of Tortilla Soup ( and all time fave of mine from this restaurant!!) and a chicken soft taco. I shared the beans with Missy. I did not have the salsa as well, I wanted the tacos au naturelle.. and I liked it. Spicy but very good.

    And for drinks, we opted for the safe ones, since the three ladies were still going back to work..I got the passion fruit sugarless tea - it was very good.

    My Cali-besties are great. we have always worked great together and yesterday was an affirmation that I have been gone and away from them for too long. It is nice to see and feel the warm and sincere hugs and kisses they gave me.. I mean, I love it when everyone is so real and no hidden agendas or anything. Just us girls talking our hearts out and laughing about where and what we have been up to all these years. I felt sad as we parted ways in the parking lot of the restaurant. I miss the good old days with these lovelies.

Enjoy the photos. Have a safe weekend everyone.

Passion fruit sugarless iced tea..

Hahaha..that's Missy with the yellow top (that's her wedding ring showing) and the Maui burger with fries. I had the tortilla soup with the soup spoon in it! The tortilla strips were crunchy and there were cubed avocados in it. YUMMERS!!
I opted for the flour tortilla for my chicken soft tacos.


No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue