I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Flying with DELTA Airlines

I left Buenos Aires airport heading to the Northern Hemisphere on Monday, a holiday in Argentina. There were lots of people (passengers) but unlike even a year ago, the travellers from Buenos Aires to the USA are diminishing in numbers. Say what you want but being a passenger in a large plane with lots of unoccupied seats says something - you decide what it means.
Well, I flew with DELTA, and considering that I still had my reserved seats on the first leg of my trip was pretty good. I sat next to a guy who was sweaty but after the AC kicked in it wasn't that bad. He did not snore nor talked too much (an added bonus). He was polite and got up only once to go the lavatory. Pretty much he did his reading and went to sleep. I never liked airplane food so I do not eat them and so I have nothing to complain about. I got half a cup of water and a sip of ginger ale and pretty much that was my meal for the 10 hour flight. I slept alot, I give you that. I just zonk out and I make a point that I do that. I am tired but at least I look fresh because I slept. Delta airlines has always treated me kindly. They change my seats and switch me around but who cares, if they do not care about me, why should I care about them. I just am passive about it all. Service was so-so. Nothing too exceptional to write about. The stewardesses were not rude or anything. They are doing their job and as a passenger, I just try to stay out of their way and let them do their job and I just sleep there on my seat. Now if I am flying business class or something fancy like that, I am sure they would treat me better, but I am not, so no biggie! REALLY.
So then I got to Georgia and then caught my connecting flight it was all on time the arrival and departure and I got to the West Coast safe and sound. The ginger ale was a nice touch, I wanted just a small amount and I got exactly what I wanted with one cube of ice. Perfect.
I am not one to complain when I am travelling. I think those that travel expect too much.
It is a confined space with loads of people, what would you expect Hilton service? C'mon?!!
So as long as I catch all the flights and should be there - great.
In other words, Delta got me to where I wanted to go. No bells, no whistles. Thanks Delta.

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue