I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

You scream, I scream, we all scream for Ice Cream

It was sweltering hot in Southern California today. If I am capable of sweating I am sure I would have seen some beads of sweat on my forehead (at least) today, it was that hot. Bottled water and iced tea is a constant companion for me. I am sure I will never die of thirst, drowning maybe but thirst, NEVER!
Today after a hot morning and a bad craving for something chocolatey, lo and behold I passed by a Baskin Robbins. It was like a sign ....that it was ok for me to have a scoop of ice cream and not deprive myself (notice the self convincing language...) of this little bit of indulgence.
So I made that u-turn so nicely and then pulled up to the parking lot of a strip mall and there it was Baskin Robbins, it conjures up images of that pink spoon..and sinfully tasty Jamoca Almond Fudge. ...(drool)...
So, I entered the ice cream parlor and I was the only one there. The server was a nice young man eager to help a lost soul like me....haven't had ice cream for over 2 weeks now.
So I thought let me try a very popular flavor before I consider my "old" faves. I tried the Apple Pie. It was good with real chunks of apple but "ala mode" as they call it was not to my liking. I passed. So there I was considering the green pistachio beckoning my weak sense of self control, but NO, I came in for my Jamoca Almond Fudge and that is all I am going to get. One scoop, please.
I thanked the young man who helped me and took my one scoop to go, pink spoon and all.
I got home and the ice cream was exactly as I had remembered it. For the last time I stepped into this same ice cream parlor was 6 years ago, and it was as finger likin' good as I had remembered it. Happy memories. Good taste and very good ice cream.
Not as great as Munchi's nor Persicco but Baskin Robbins hold a special place in my heart. And for that alone, it was delicious.
Now I do not feel as hot anymore. If you are ever in the California give this ice cream parlor a swirl - a try. Just once, and they still have 31 flavors. I am sure if the memories that goes with it is as sweet as my own, it would be worth remembering, forever.

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue