I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Monday, October 13, 2008

Northern Hemisphere

Well, today is the day that I leave for the US for a short 5 week or so visit. I am excited and my "R" has said the proper goodbyes.
I am coming back to Argentina soon. But I will not think about that right now, I have a trip to get ready for and I will concentrate on that for now.
Am I excited? Yes, I am. I love the USA and I enjoy California. I miss my Southern Cali friends and their kids. And doing lots of the things on my TO DO LIST.
This past few months here in Argentina has been most exciting for me. I have learned to cook Argentinian food with Alejandra's help. And I have seen "C" a couple of times. I have watched the fence around the house go up (por fin!!) and the planting of some lingostrina on one side of the house. I have also seen the tables that a very nice carpenter (older gentleman) made as per our request, I have attended mass with the locals of this small city, I have dared to drive several times to Capital Federal. Wow, those were loads of new things for me, and I enjoyed every second of it. I have also started a very good workout schedule. I love it!
Now that I am headed to Cali for a few weeks, I look forward to seeing my "M" and the SantaFe,
having my beer of choice, some tacos and burritos, some burgers, authentic japanese food, thai food and driving to the malls. I know I will have a great time.
"R" is very kind to allow me to go to the US to see what needs to be taken cared of. Sometimes things are off balance but be it in the Southern Hemisphere or Northern Hemisphere, I love both places not because of where I am really as much as who I am with.
Thank you for such a great few months, for keeping me company in here.
I wish I had some stories to tell about tango and milongas and parties in Buenos Aires, but I am just plain homebody who loves to try new stuff but keeping it within the REAL kind, like friendship, culinary and relationships stuff.
I wished I am learning tango but I am not. I know people who love and die for it, it is just not me. I would rather cook and learn new recipes with a local and learn the language and drive around in search of a better verdulero or a carniceria..that kind of stuff. Oh and having a great time at the local panaderia, when I try to practice my castellano.
I will miss you all but I am sure I will post from the US.
I know, I still owe you guys a photos. I will work on that for the next few weeks.
Chau. Until another day.
Take care.

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue