I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Monday, October 27, 2008

My visit to the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles)

Lots of jokes and comedies have been written about the DMV but I found that my experience with it here in Southern California has all been positive and very efficient.
Yes, you have to stand in line (ONLY if you did not get an appointment online or over the phone) but you always have that option. And I love options!
So there I was, waiting for the line to inch along, as I had decided to finally update my DMV file with my new address (old NEW address). So I was behind a lady who probably forgot to put on some sunscreen coz she was all wrapped up in a jacket under the hot, blazing California sun. So we were moving along and then in less than 20 minutes, it was my turn and I spoke with a "techinician" at the front desk and she gave me a form and a card to fill out and BAM! I was done. I mean efficiency was never spelled easier than how I did it today at the DMV. Gotta love the USA for that.
Lots of people standing in line with some agenda in line and the "techinicians" know that time is money and MONEY is time. That line was moving like a well greased machine. One after the other, forms all handy, pens handy, questions and answers and all the time the DMV people handing out information, forms and booklets were with a smile on their faces and concern in their voices. Wow, I thought, I miss this kind of service. (sigh) Some places can really learn alot from this place. And DMV has improved since the last time I got my license 2 or more decades ago.
You have to hand it to them, they know where the money is and they treat you well in there. Now that is service. I mean people dole out their cash for fees without even feeling the pain since dang it - service was great!
It was hot, the line was long but who cares, they took care of my needs. Kudos to the DMV.
I love the comedies and jokes about the DMV but I know what my reality is - service was great.

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue