I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Fresh Whole Pineapples

It was another beautiful day even if it was very hot day in California. The breeze was so good leaving our little corner of the world, less than a mile from the bay. Anyhow...

It was a perfect day to go run to the grocery and get a whole fresh pineapple. I got one from Von's since they had the best sale price for a whole pineapple and it helped that I was in the part of town. When I got home I sliced off the outer skin and started taking off the "eyes" with a unique way I hold the knife and cut them off. As I was 1/2 way doing this I could smell the sweet aroma of a ripe pineapple and it was a perfect fruit. All of it was yellow but firm and no bruising on the fruit flesh, I was starting to salivate before I could finish my task.

As soon as I was done, I cut the pineapple in rings, with the center an all. Cut in equal circles and the juices of the fruit was running down my cutting board. Always remember to use a very sharp knife when doing this, it comes out professional looking and you could even mistake it as coming from a can but you know it came fresh, the crown of the pineapple sits inside the trash can a few feet next to me.

The fresh, juicing and sweet pineapple was delicious. I always eat fresh pineapple slices with a fork and a few grains of coarse and freshly ground rock salt. Always have done it that way and always will.

Summer is not summer at all unless fresh fruit is abundant and flavorful like this one. I think tomorrow I will go look for cantaloupe. Oh by the way, I have some slices left should you want to taste any and it should be gone after dinner tonight, I am serving the rest as dessert. It should be a hit.

Happy Summertime everyone!

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue