I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Revisiting....Annie Hall

Annie Hall was a movie that introduced me to Woody Allen. A lot of movie pundits thought this was his best work. I have seen other very good ones after this but Annie Hall is a special first for me.
The DVD version I have is in English (subtitles available in spanish and french). The influence Diane Keaton had on me after I saw the movie for the first time on was enormous. I started dressing up (or down) like her, ties, vest and pants - I loved the feeling that wearing ties and vest/pants gave me. It was so much fun more than any idea I had about women's lib.

In the movie Diane (Annie Hall) played a ditzy singer that Woody Allen fell in love with. In this movie, Woody Allen's quest for true love he had to overcome his own "wackiness" and go all the way to LA to get Diane back. Movie starts in New York. Very funny stuff - it won the 1977 Oscars Best Picture, Best Actress (D. Keaton) and Best Orig. Screenplay (Allen and Brickman).

Now that I revisit it after years of not watching it - it is definitely an ALL TIME Favorite. It leaves me in stitches. I could not stop laughing. Woody Allen as a neurotic comedian is hilarious. Paul Simon is also in this movie, he played the lover Diane took after she left Allen.

Diane Keaton looked so young here, she looked closer to how I first remembered her in Baby Boom ('80s) but she has aged gracefully as evident in Something's Gotta Give movie. I always liked her as an actress.

Woody Allen is brilliant in his craft - you gotta give the man that - he is a great storyteller. His brand of comedy is a genre in its own. It is always such a pleasure to revisit and enjoy any of his movies. I remember how much I love this movie now that I picked up this Woody Allen DVD - and to think it took me several months to get it from the store - they were always out of copies.

Pick up your own copy today and revisit - Annie Hall. It will remind you how great it was to go to the movies...and watch Woody Allen movies. Watch it and tell me what you think. Would love to hear from you.

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue