I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Monday, May 14, 2012

Are men like computers?

This is just a fun list...and to be clear, I don't hate men. I love them!!

Men are similar to...computers because..

1. A newer model is just about to be released.
2. I need to know when to re-boot.
3. Low in memory but otherwise it works just fine.
4. I need to press "ENTER" to get anything to start.
5. It is ON but the screen is dark. What is with that?
6. I need to plug it in to get some power going through it.
7. Looks and seems to work perfectly fine, until I decide to take it home.
8. Back-ups are advisable.
9. They like to be stroked like the keyboard.
10. I could never understand the manual, even if I tried!
11. Oftentimes, it is hard to get a connection.
12. Most are indeed, user-friendly.
13. I have to be patient to get the hang of working with a new one.
14. Can't live with them, yet can't live without them.
15. They are handy to have around.
16. They come with features that I never use.
17. They are never fast enough when I am in a hurry.
18. They need passwords.
19. Lots of rules to the user but  rules don't seem to apply to them!
20. Lots of lost data, anyone?
21. I get days when I want to kick or throw them out.
22. Does swearing and cussing at them really help?
23. Their Operating System (OS) is more of a personal preference than functionality.
24. I need to virus-scan then occassionally.
25. Updating is required.
26. They crash!
27. Others get hacked so I have to make sure mine are well-protected.
28. Size does matter.
29. Power surges can put them out totally for the night.
30. They "shift", "control", "backspace", "insert" and ENTER..but "Escape" ..can come in very handy.


No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue