I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Friday, May 18, 2012

Oishii..meaning delicious in Japanese

Sushi..Oishii!
 There are few simple pleasures in life, in a diva's life in  my case that is worth its weight in gold..or raw fish.. in this case.
I love seafood. I come from a place where seafood is accessible and fresh, daily..and yours for the taking (for a price, of course!). I come here in another part of the world and enjoy some more fish. How fabulous is that?!

Alas, but I cannot divulge where this place is..for even here, for a relatively reasonable price (lots of good things in life can come with a steep price tag..) you can savour, devour or in my case, love, love, love sushi..in a bento box. 

We have a weekend tradition that have started decades ago..meaning ten plus some odd years really..R and I have been going to this place and we have been trying their selection of sushis. We have favorites and...well,we have favorites..again this weekend will not be an exception.

Terrific and delicious sushi...next time someone invites you to go try a Japanese restaurant don't be turned off by the sushi word..raw fish - coz it's not all about that..it is about the best ingredients put together with a lot of care and meticulous precision with a splash of simple artistry for your pleasure and enjoyment. If you have to have good food, why not make it the best! Japanese food, let me tell you if made by authentic food handlers could be a heavenly experience..try it, at least once..some sushi are cooked, if I might add that to entice you to at least try it. Make it a gastronomical adventure. Cooked sushi are the ebi (shrimp) or the tako (octupos) or the mackerel and many others..with a little wasabi and sprinkling of soy sauce (kikkoman only, please!) you are set to have a great lunch.

Note: pictures below (Shrimp tempura roll, burdock salad and a piece of grilled mackerel and the ever fave - tuna roll, cucumber roll and an assortment of sushi..."Oishii".

These are pictures of our last couple of trips to this Japanese joint. Now,I can't tell you where it is coz then I have to kill you...hahaha..
Have a great and safe weekend everyone! I know we will..Cheers!


 

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue