I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

It was at six freakin' o'clock in the morning...

So there I was sleeping away, in a deep slumber when _ a wailing, high pitch distinctively and alarm of some kind started blaring at, you guessed it, six freakin' o'clock in the morning.
Let me tell you, there is nothing more irrititating than being roused from sleep other than a noise so loud that makes a loud alarm clock, sound like Bach!
OK so I had said I lived in a hip and happen' place, yeah, yeah, yeah. But for crissakes! Give me a break with this noise so freakin' early in the morning. I have not slept off the cold medicine I took a few hours before, now I am sore as a bear! ARGHH!!!
Well, just to make all these more interesting, there was no one to call. It was not a car that was sounding off, it was a store - we all (residents on this side of the street) thought that it was a stall at the lower level of the building. From 6am until 9:30am it went on, and on, and on....
I usually am tolerant of noise but noise of this kind is not only unkind but undue punishment for the rest of us who try to live peacefully and quietly in this area. I have a splitting headache right now and I am thinking if I do something so drastic because of the ill effects of my lack of 8 hrs of sleep - let there be mercy for I am going to bite someone heads off should someone cross me today!
There you go, now I have gotten it, why such sourpusses and crabby people walk the streets of Buenos Aires, either due to lack of good night's sleep or the level of noise just drives everyone nuts!
I think this is an "AHA" moment for me, I never really thought of it that way before, but now that I was subjected to the same - I think I can relate to such sour attitudes abound in BsAs. Noise is terrible in the city. Do not tell me that you have a spledid apartment and you hardly hear the noise. There is noise, period.
Oh, well, I think I will take a pill tonight that will knock me off my feet and that not even a jackhammer two inches away from me can rouse me to sleep. Medication is so underrated.
Ciao for now.And goodnight.

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue