I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My typical Amsterdam breakfast



Okay, let us talk food today. Refer to the photos above, please. These two photos are typical breakfast items that I would devour and savour each morning in Amsterdam. The left photo is the Cream cheese spread that I would smear over the multigrain crackers, seen on the right photo.
So you say, what is so special about these items. Remember, foremost that we are in Amsterdam, they make food GLORIOUS in this parts of the world. The creamcheese redefines creamiest to another level. The taste is just perfect, with the right amount of milk and a tad of salt to tickle the right part of your tongue, savory is the precise word that comes to mind. Now, we get to the crackers...you can try to find this in your neck of the woods but you won't. I mean it. I have heard others buy "similar" ones but no equal. The cruchiness is just right, the grains are abundant on each piece and then when you smother the said creamcheese on it - WOW - it is an explosion of flavours that can titillate any choosy tongue. Pleasing is the combination that to stop at two pieces takes a truck load of self control...hahahaha..not an easy feat.
Usually I would have these items for breakfast with a cup of coffee (postings of brand and cappucino maker tomorrow) cargado o fuerte. I mean when your mother said - breakfast is the most important meal of the day - she must have had an Amsterdam cracker and dairy products and coffee in mind. I mean, there are things you must experience to believe that it exists - this is one of them. Never miss the chance to have breakfast in Amsterdam, it an item that should be in everyone's bucket list. Trust me, you just never had breakfast like the one's that you will have from this lovely country. The food is superb there. What can I say, what can go wrong after a breakfast as delicious as this and a cup of strong coffee starts your day. Nothing! Everything else is icing on the cake of your day.
Tomorrow's post will be even better. Promise.

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue