I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Why you are not my friend in Facebook

Years ago, I started a Friendster account. I do not have it now and cannot even remember my log-in name nor my password, and it does not matter now really. I just hated the fact that people just got crazy on that networking site.
The photos posted there were just a contest of who took the best pictures during their Napa Valley weekend trips and it was just a contest of who garners more friends in the shortest amount of time. Argh! I hate competition when it comes to unimportant matters.
Now, we have the Facebook! I promised myself I would only get in there because my high school friends are in there, besides that - I have a love-hate relationship with it. I do not "friend" confirm others that wants to make friends with me, unless they are in my high school class. It could really get out of hand at times. I almost lost my cool when an arse of a high school classmate, I do not want to "unfriend" that person at this time. I give myself 2 weeks then "unfriend" the arse!!
Those that post in that facebook page of mine I tolerate but if one gets to be so personal, then I just have to do what I have to do, unfriend. It is a choice that is put in there to get rid of people you do not want to be in there - plain and simple. I love that feature.
I do not want to apologize for having to do this, because I would like to reserve the very little privacy that I have and the precious time I seem to find myself wanting more these days. I would rather not log-in and check if what others are doing and where they are and all that junk...since we are almost slaves of our cellphones, laptops and now a time consuming facebook. I would rather grab a cup of coffee at Starbucks and do things in person, face to face, than spend time tapping the keys on my cellphone or iphone or laptop to update my facebook homepage.
I am not really interested in petty stuff nowadays. Oh, please do not get me wrong if that excites you or what floats your boat, go for it, but I still love the personal, up close and intimate ways of talking to people - and facebook is not my cup of tea, really. So, if it is for you - you go ahead and relate to the world via your laptop or iphone.
The day letter writing became a thing of the past, was a sad day for me. Nobody sends postcards anymore when they travvel to places, I still do though. I love the personal touch of signing my name under a foreign stamp. It shows my way, I remember that person and thought of them during my travels. It is a personal choice and style. Now, people just send emails and photos via the convenient internet (sigh) oh well..
To answer the statement above why - you are not my friend in Facebook, it is because I would rather see you in person, if at all possible and not in the cold world wide web.
And to the arse of a classmate of mine in high school, I would end up with the last laugh anyway.
Sometimes, not being friends in facebook can be a very good thing. Now I have an extra hour to spend doing the things I really love to do, personally.
Take care and see y'all tomorrow, another day!

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue