I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Distractions...

I am dying to tell you readers a secret..but in a week or so..I am sure I will be able to write about it. I just wanted to give you a preview why Argentina holds a special place in my heart. There that is all I can say about that at this time...meanwhile allow me to distract you...

Today I went to a portion of BsAs called Corrietes and Larea. A very busy place with bustling streets and people busy with business and public transportation that seems unending at times. It drizzled a little bit last night lasting all the way to 8:45 am this morning. But I was determined to go to Larea and look at some stuff in there. And I did , "R" took me and we made a productive morning of it. I got what I wanted and then some more... :-)

Then we decided to take the SUBTE from Pueyrredon back to F. Lacroze and then hail a taxi back to Palermo. The SUBTE was fun, as always, I entered the wrong way and a very nice Argentinian cop watching the passengers saw me make a mistake and he took us to the correct side of the subte and let me in on the side - nice guy - keeps my faith that there is hope yet for the males of Argentina. He was so nice and polite - I almost gave the guy a kiss for saving me a ticket. My porteno "R" was impressed and surprised as how the policeman was NICE. I will always think of that guy every time someone irritates me. I have met a very nice young man and he was all correct and proper.

Well after that pleasant experience, the SUBTE (red line) was packed with people at 11:45 am.
But after 3 minutes standing in the subway I was able to grab a seat and later, "R" was able to sit next to me. That line was busy, lots of people selling stuff. I am not used to a line like that since D Line (green) is more relaxed than the Red Line. Oh well...

Then we ended up at Chacarita (F. Lacroze stop) it was filthy dirty. Argh...I couldn't wait to cross the street and get into a taxi.

The cab driver was nice he was saying how nice the weather has been and looks forward to a nice weekend so people go out.

"R" and I ended buying lunch at COTO and eating it at home, now he is at the office working.
I am here at home reviewing what I got from Larea and admiring what I got. And what a positive day it was, overall.

Buenos Aires is a very aggravating place. It is nice and culturally enriching, various places to discover, but coming from a First World country, one tends to wish the streets were cleaner, lesser level of noise, side walk constantly maintained - but these cracked streets and dog dropping give Buenos Aires the distinction that it has, both positive and negative. The people here are good hearted in general, it is just sometimes bad things happen to good people. The frequency and "everyday occurence" of negativity numbs both visitors and locales of the shock when something untowards happens, and that is sad.

To end this post on a high note...as I am finishing this entry, my neighbor across the way just stepped out into his balcony, followed by his "calico- like" colored boxer dog, he is wearing his maroon briefs, ONLY! In winter time - this guy does this - I guess to shock the rest of us - who live across him, 5 stories high off the street level. He is so funny - Distractions!

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue