I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Talking with my Tatay

I have been a soar bear the last few days because I have been sick. I try to be pleasant but when one is not feeling well, one tends to be boorish, so I was a little bit.
I am feeling much better but still a tad bit dizzy now and again, and my ear infection is only on one side (right) unlike a couple of days ago that I feared I lost my hearing (YIKES!).
"R" has been so extra sweet and caring these last few days. But last Monday, I had to speak with my Tatay (father). He is one voice I needed to hear. There are some concerns I had that he knows he can be the only one to talk me out of, and he is man of reason and wise advise.
I am calmer after I spoke with him and the sound of his voice has given the assurance that for now, things will be better and that I should be true to myself first and foremost but also be fair and that give a situation time to correct itself.
My father is halfway across the world and I marvel at the technology of phone that I can almost hear my father put his coffee cup down as I spoke to him, past dinner time here in BsAs and it was breakfast time where he is at. Wonderful. The sound was so clear and his voice was unwavering when he said - I love you - and with that I heard all that I needed. And I said good bye. I almost felt better instantly that I slept so well after that phonecall. I know he missed me, and I miss him but life takes me to new places and as I always say no matter where I am I will always be there....(in his heart).

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue