I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Noise

Well after getting my equilibrium back 2 days after arriving in BsAs, I have decided that this time around I will channel my ZEN to obliterate the noise so I can sleep soundly at night. I live on a HIP and HAPPENING street in Palermo. Lots of young ones roaming the street partying at night (and at times in daytime). I love this street, it is just that the BUS 64 passes by my front window every hour on the hour - at times several times an hour. But I have overcome that noise. I came back to BsAs thinking the noise will not prevail - I shall be above the noise - and so far I have had perfect 8 hours uninterrupted sleep since I got here. Mind over matter, does work, who would have thought..hmmmm.

Well, the last 2 days have been fun. Family here is well and I enjoy the company of the boys that I hang around with "R", "T" and yesterday Claudio joined us for dinner. He is such a sweet man. He is really a nice and true friend to my "R". I just love him for that. I love, love my "R"; but I luv Claudio as well. :-)

Yesterday night during dinner, I reckon "T's" english is much better than my meager, pitiful castellano. He speaks english much better than the scraps of spanish words that I use. I promise to improve my spanish this next several months. I am excited to learn it more but I am so chicken to speak it, and be afraid of sounding "silly" - well what can you expect but perfection or wanting perfection from me - Soy es La Diva, Ultima Diva!

Back to the Noise - I hear people and read about blogs where people make noise a priority to complain about. There is not much that will be done to diminish the degree of noise level that we are subjected to in BsAs. It is sadly part of the everyday life in BsAs, I hate it, please do not get me wrong, but if you learn or train yourself to tune it out, you can. I know, coz I did. It is just that when in the ZONE of tuning noise out, when the phone rings - you might not hear it.

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue