I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Monday, August 20, 2007

A day in the countryside outside of the City of Buenos Aires

Yesterday was a serene Sunday in Buenos Aires. I was relaxed, "R"and "T" were as well. We got some cooked meals from Jumbo and piled into the car and off we drove to the countryside, a 45 minutes drive north of the city. The traffic was as always a reminder of car chases on video games except we have Audi's, Mercedezes passing us and lots of various cars in between - fast and slow ones alike. Weather was really on the nippy side yesterday. It was definitely a jacket weather, heavy jacket and scarf weather. As we ended on our northern destination, we were eased to the calm surrounding, sounds of the heavy breeze and occasional wimpering of Teros from afar. After miles of just cold breeze and a car or two passing past us, it was a deafening silence. SILENCE, you say?! Yes, it is such a breath of very fresh air to not hear any trucks, honking or people's incessant talking - just pure unadulterated silence. I love it!
We had lunch there at the house and search for some stuff amongst boxes and boxes of my stuff. Never to find what I am looking for anyways, I find everything else that I am not looking for but the VERY ONE that I am searching - story of my life!! But it was a fun day. I have resolved that what ever I am looking for I will find one of these days amongst the "not so many anymore" boxes that was assigned to me. Oh well...
As we bundled up again to head back to the city, we know what lies ahead. Noise, pollution of varied degrees, but we know that we are amongst a few very blessed few that have a place of peace and quiet. Our little corner of the world to commune with nature - all because "R" makes it all worth while and we try to tell him in our small little ways that we appreciate his providing us with this splendid little slice of heaven on Buenos Aires earth.
I am looking forward to returning there in a couple of days or so..my search fo that illusive item amongst those boxes is driving me nuts - and so are the people around me - well... the DIVA reigns....
Ciao til tomorrow, right?

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue