I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I received very lovely flowers today...

"R" surprised me this morning with a bouquet of beautiful arrangement of flower...ahhh..he loves me...he really,really loves me!
I thank him and more of that showing of gratitude for the rest of the week...he-he-he
I am a sucker for flowers. Jewelry and flattery will get you everywhere but thoughtful gestures like that makes the heart so aflutter.

It is still on the cold side here in BsAs, but you can always combat the cold by using feather (goosedown) blankets or find a good someone to cuddle with ( I tend to choose the latter on, if available). Well today I eat lunch alone as I read my ELLE magazine. But tonight I cook dinner (curry) and "R" cooks the healthy rice and he will come over to my place and we have dinner together. This is the best arrangement any couple can ever have. He does his thing, I do my thing and we do things together. It has worked for us for ages now and I think this is the best of all worlds.

I do not ask too much, he tells me what he wants, I tell him everything when I have stuff to tell and then we have a great time in between. I would like to think that we have our hearts set for each other but looking at others (girls on his part and hunky guys on my part) but at the end of it all we go home to each other. Fun alone and fun together. What a deal, huh?

I think "R" was just reassuring me today that we might be in a different time zone and things are done quite differently here in BsAs but if we stick to what works for us, we have half the battle won; the everyday battle with BsAs will always be there but it is not written anywhere that we can not have the time of our life as we wait in line, for the bus, for our coffee , our check and others.

The flowers is just a very nice touch from his heart to mine. It was spontaneous and it was sincere and I love it. It sits here on a vase he "made" for me. I look at it and I do not see leaves, not pinkish rosy flowers but a truth in his gesture and that counts for a lot. A mighty lot.
I hope to tell you what happens tomorrow after dinner but I do not get up early to post it, I know you will understand.

I sit here and trying to do some work but all I can think of is "Ahhhhhh..."

Ciao for now.

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue