I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Just get over it, already!

I will choose light before I succumb to darkness. I seek betterment rather than destruction (sometimes you have to take things apart to put them together again).
Everyone had a rough childhood. No one has a "dream" upbringing. There are those that had more happy times than others and it is because they choose to remember the best parts of growing up and not dwell on what they were missing on.
I say - Just get over it, already!
We, each and every one of us, at one point in our cognitive moment have realized that the life we want and try to achieve is an uphill battle. Even those that we think live a dreamy life also have their bad moments and days. No amount of money will guarantee the you the best things in life. No amount of fame can give you the best friends you think you deserve. There is just always a something we all have to crab about. It is human nature, to complain. We just have to do it nicely and with in the bounds of decency.
I see those that have almost next to nothing and yet they make do with what they have - I believe my grandmother introduced me to this word - survival.
When life deals you lemons, either you stand there with a sour face or make lemon meringue pie (I was never really fond of lemonade!).
Everyone's childhood has some sad story of never having enough time spent with grandparents. They died too soon in my case. Or there is the part where I never had a sister, but I loved just being what I am in my family. I made a point to enjoy my place in the family to the chagrin and dismay of others.
Today as I was going over the final items I was putting in the 3rd box, I thought, I am so over it. I finally have released myself from what was bogging me down, no necessarily those from my childhood.
I wish everyone would take the moment to unload whatever it is that seems to hold you back, be it from fulfilling your dream, taking that trip you always wanted even if it means going alone, or accepting the loss of the ones that you love.
Sometimes people say, these types of things are easier said than done. But let me tell you when the right time comes (you make the time) it is easiest to just get over it already. I am referring to things that have happened in the past that you cannot change, so we tread on and move on forward.
Damn the past for I will just get over it already!

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue