I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Have you seen my heart?

I just spent another day packing. I am getting very good at this, but I am thinking I do not want to get used to packing all the time. Not in the same context that I am doing it this time. Oh well...
So there I was in another location packing my stuff away. I am on the second box and counting. First box, old clothes, my good ol' fluffy blue bathrobe (soft and thick!), some fave shirts and blouses, pants, clothes that are not to be used in the next few months (during transit). Then today, the second box containing old cookbooks, baking pans and sheetpans, some gift wrapping ribbons, bows, tissues, bags, boxes (collapsed), bars of milled soaps, lanolin soaps and the like. I was one busy bee today.
So much so that I almost missed lunch - but didn't!
As I emptied drawers and shelves with my makeup refills and perfumes, lotions, body washes and the likes - I was in auto mode. Did not allow myself to give what I am doing another thought. I had to do this and I am doing what I had to do, pack. I figure, it is better that I do not include my heart in this process. I can deal with it much better. And so far, I have been doing very well, honestly speaking. My mind is what is taking over me when I am packing. I would not allow my heart to participate. The day I taped the first box to start my packing - I decided to not get my heart in the way.
So I have a few more boxes to go. I will try to keep it to the most minimum. Freight cost can be astronomical from Argentina to my end of the world. But anyhoo....
Tomorrow, I will do this some more of the same and I am getting to be very efficient at it. Now, I hope that by the end of the packed and sealed 8th box, I would remember where I placed my heart after all this.
Or I can post in here again in a few days and ask if - Have you seen my heart?
I would like to have it back before I leave.

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue