I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Friday, June 12, 2009

take anything you want from me.anything.anything.

I confess I do not remember the very first time I heard these lyrics. But I know that though Sting has his version, there is nothing like Jimi Hendrix's version as he played it on 02-24-69, Little Wings.
Eric Clapton played it with Sheryl Crow in 2007, it was great (Eric in the guitar and Crow for vocals) but c'mon there is nothing like Hendrix, right?
It says...take anything you want from me. anything.anything.....
Now, how honey dripping sweet is that?! I la-la-loove it!!
There is no body alive that can stroke and strum the strings like Hendrix could. I am a child born in the 60's but not a product of the 60's (sadly) so I have this unexplained affinity to music that have connection and roots in the 60's.
I am partial to heavy metal strings (improv) with the beats of rock n roll - now that is purr-fection.
I think everyone should at one point in their lives have to listen to Little Wings as Hendrix played it live like the one in Paris or the one he did in Albert Hall. The song is short but the lyrics are great and the sound - well, do I need to describe it?
I do not listen to Little Wings often but when I am in a certain mood I look for this song, especially. It is that hard to explain. It is not just a bunch of notes and words strung together it is a feeling that one gets, the experience that makes it unique.
Listen to it at least just once. I swear if you thought Hendrix too heavy for your taste, this will change your perception of him and his talent.

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue