I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Friday, June 19, 2009

This is me walking away....

Yesterday was a blur to me. I remember bits and pieces of it to be honest. All I know is today, I am sleepy, very sleepy. I did not get much sleep last night, it was a long night. I woke up with a stiff neck and sort of just dragging myself all day.
It is difficult to be the new me when I seem to be faced with the same all around me. I really need the change and space. But I comfort myself with the fact that soon I will get the space I need to keep the changes that I have worked so hard to achieve these last couple of months. I believe in the new me, it seems tougher to continue the process at this very moment, but I will be strong.
I promised myself I will not say anything negative that can hurt anyone, even if others still are the same way they were to me. I will not take hurtful comments personally. I have stopped giving other people that power over me. If they think light-hearted comments cannot hurt, they do. I am working towards getting past that now. I just need a day or so to process the tinge of pain and no anger overwhelms me.
This is me walking away....
I hope to be better in the long run. Each day is tough as I continue to grow and be myself. I am a woman and I know what I should and could do for love and friendship. There are relationships that are healthy and there are those that are corrosively toxic, I can see that now. And I have to choose. Sometime soon I can step away from all this and be the deserving victor that I am. The scars and hurt encounterd will be my badges of honor and survival.
I take a deep breath and then as I put a period to this statement, I can say that yesterday was just that - the past.
I am human and still gets hurt. I am strong but have my moments of weakness. Sometimes people around me just do not know that they have hurt me and that is sad..so I have learned to just detach myself..distance myself..and this is me walking away....
And with my head between my hands I say...here we go again.Butt for me I am so past the pain - remember no one can break a broken heart. So I just walk away..it is really for the best.

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue