I am..

My photo
Whenever there is a beginning, there is an end. It is not what came before or how things ended but what happened in between that makes life exciting - do not change the heartaches for they are colors in your own painting called My Life. Let them be vivid and bright!

Sunday, June 28, 2009

When old is new again

The best thing about packing is that you have to dig and dig for things that might be buried and hidden behind closets, suitcases, boxes, bags and all other crevices in one's place of residence. And the treasure's we find and stories we try to remember when we find things are so exciting. I hate packing for a move but I love this part of it all.
I am still in the hunt and find mode for things that I would need to take with me on this move of mine. I found some precious gifts that were given to me - by R. I love the turquoise bags and felt envelopes that they come in. I can remember (still) the time/at least the year and the occassion that I received these precious and dear presents. I smile when I look at them for... what is old is new again.
I love each and every single one of these. I am wearing one today and it looks a good as when we got it seven years ago. I enjoy wearing them, they give me some connection to better and sweeter times. Memories can only be as good as you want them to be. ..old memories are new again.
I found this very delicate necklace and as much as I would like wearing them I do not think I am ready yet to go there. One day soon I hope I could put that around my neck and think of the profound love I once felt when I received it. I can hold it but so far do not have the courage to wear it just yet, too soon I guess.
But when old is new again...times are changing.
You just gotta love the bad with the good and the old with the new. Life is too short to get stuck with the old as old or always wanting new. I like where I am in my life right now.
Thank you R for being a very, very good friend. I will always hold these presents dear.

No comments:

What am I doing right now?

making a list of topics to post this week

Future Topic for Another Day

  • 2021 The Great Resignation
  • Grief defined
  • What makes a family?
  • Toxic work environment

Book List

VOGUE 120th special anniversary issue